- Read slowly and have to re-read several times?
- Have problems filling in forms?
- Find it difficult to organise yourself?
- Find your difficulties get worse under stress?
- Have difficulties with studying related to work?
Are you good at:
- Thinking outside the square and seeing the whole picture?
- Explaining a concept or idea but find it is difficult to write it down?
- Visualising ideas and concepts?
Come and meet others who are the same. Come to listen to speakers who can help you understand what is going on.
Adult Dyslexia Support Group
The adult dyslexia support meets on the first Monday of every month. Meetings begin at 7.30pm and are held at the Federated Farmers building at 70 Forth Street. Come along and join us, and feel free to bring your support person or spouse.
We invite speakers to our support groups meetings. Topics that are covered include
- Understanding dyslexia
- Employment support
- Tutoring support
- Acceptance of dyslexia
- Communicating as a dyslexic
- Listening to other dyslexics about their own journey.